Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Food


More than anything, this is just a bad ass picture. I am starting to figure out how to take good pictures of food. Problem is, it requires natural light, rather than a flash and I usually cook at night when it's dark.


So these portabella burgers turned out pretty great. I made a marinade with balsamic vinegar, a touch of olive oil, a squirt of agave, a few drops of liquid smoke, a dash of thyme and minced garlic. I marinated the shrooms for about an hour and kept spooning the liquid into the gill side. I roasted them at 350, gill side up for about 20 minutes. Checking often.


The green beans are just steamed grean beans with some sauted shallots and toasted almonds with a squeeze of lemon.


Nice spring dinner.

3 comments:

  1. I see no problem with the picture!

    So that is one mushroom head on the bun?? Goodness...it's rather large, isn't it? What did you put on the bun??

    Thanks.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention...those green beans look sooo good, as does the shroom burger. great pic.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man! We should have made these when you were here, dang!!!

    ReplyDelete