Friday, January 29, 2010

Ridiculously Easy Greek Pizza


This pizza kicks ass. Its so easy and wonderful and very flexible. You can use whatever toppings you like. I use the pillsbury classic pizza crust because I really dont know how to make pizza crust from scratch and usually I dont have time or patience to be making dough. I will master this one day, I'm sure. But for now, I like the pre-made thing. Its absolutely vegan and pretty dang good. I know its probably loaded with hydrogenated oils and other weird stuff but I try to balance all that out by eating a lot of fresh veggies and things. I cant be perfect. I also didnt use pizza sauce for this. I made a garlic, basil spread instead.


So here is what you'll need for this pizza


1 pkg pillsbury classic crust (check ingredients to make sure you are getting the vegan one)
2 small roma tomatoes
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
kalamata olives (just use black if you dont like these)
1/2 can of artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
Vegan Mozzarella (optional)


For the spread:

1/4 cup vegan margarine (Its pizza, its not supposed to be healthy)
2 cloves garlic, minced
handful of fresh basil (I used jarred basil but fresh would be better. You could used dried too)

Melt in microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.



Spread the crust on a cookie sheet. It will be in the shape of the square. The pillsbury thin crust is also vegan and its a circle. Spread the garlic/basil on the crust. Add toppings, including vegan cheese if you are using it.

Throw in oven at 400 for 10 minutes.
This is good! I promise! You wont even notice that its vegan.




2 comments:

  1. Gosh that looks so good and making me hungry!! The paste is a really great idea and a nice change from the classic tomato-based sauces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi....I was checking back here for some new aromas...

    ReplyDelete